Skin Care › Anti Aging Skin Care › Anti aging herbs
Top Ten Proven Herbs That Can Help You Maintain That Youthful Look
Herbs are plants with wide variety of nutrients in them effectively used for ages. The healing properties present in plants have acted as an active source of curing diseases. People are trying out herbal remedies from common cold to psoriasis and cancer.
Constant research on herbs has revealed that they have active property in them, which acts as an anti aging agent. Different herbs have different anti aging property in them.
Herbs are considered natural and non-toxic in nature. People opt for herbal remedy because they do not have permanent side effects.
Today Herbs with anti aging properties are used in different forms like medicine, oil, soap bars, ointments, cream and gel. Various cosmetic companies, health spas and beauty therapist use herbs as an active anti aging ingredient in their product.
There are many herbs, which are used in anti aging treatments. The most commonly used herbs are listed below
- Rhodiola Rosea
- Gynostemma pentaphyllum (Jiaogulan)
- Grapes Seed Extract.
- Reishi Mushroom
- Jujube Fruit
- Lycii Berry
- Hu Zhang (Polygonum cuspidatum)
reduced aging process will slow down to certain extent.
Ginseng is a perennial herb and the root of ginseng is utilized for medicinal and other purposes.
The main benefits of Ginseng are:
- Ginseng relaxes and reduces the effect of stress.
- Ginseng stimulates us in both physical and mental activity.
- Ginseng strengthens and protects us during any severe physical strain.
- Ginseng is widely adapted for treatment, which has earned itself the name of "Adaptogen".
- Ginseng has property that reduces stress level, blood sugar and cholesterol.
- Ginseng is considered safe food and is approved by FDA.
Rhodiola Rosea is also one of the widely adapted herbs belonging to the "Adaptogen" community of herbs. The main properties and utility are:
The Russian medicine has given Rhodiola Rosea to its cosmonauts, soldiers, sportsmen and ageing political leaders as an effective anti-aging medicine
- Rhodiola has anti aging phyto supplement
- The main active properties of the extract are rosavins and cinnamol alcohol glycosides.
- Rhodiola Rosea has anti stress properties and it increases the energy level.
- Rhodiola Rosea stimulates our immune system.
- Rhodiola Rosea raises resistance power of body against toxins.
- Rhodiola Rosea has been working towards increasing mental performance and physical performance.
- Rhodiola Rosea helps in breaking down of fat stored in the body. It is therefore added in slimming tablets and medicines.
Gynostemma Pentaphyllum (Jiao gu lan)
Gynostemma pentaphyllum has properties similar to Ginseng herb. Jiao gu lan contains substances called gypenosides. The plant contains ingredients very similar to those found in ginseng but three times the properties than Ginseng herb.
Research shows that Jiao gu lan has a wide range of actions in the body.
- Jiao gu lan has overall effect in helping to balance and regulate body systems.
- Jiao gu lan normalize cardiovascular and hormonal systems.
- Jiao gu lan has antioxidant properties that supports circulation and immune systems.
- Jiao gu lan is softer on females than ginseng.
Ashwagandha is a traditional Indian Medicine that has been used for long time against infectious diseases. Uperoxide dismutase, catalase, and glutathione peroxidase are some of the natural antioxidants present in it. It is very effective in following ways:
These properties make it overall an effective Herb for slowing down the aging process
- Ashwagandha strengthens immune system.
- Ashwagandha has multi purpose usage.
- Ashwagandha is used for relieving stress, amnesia, fever, viral infections and acts as a natural antioxidant.
- Ashwagandha stimulates the growth of axons and dendrites.
- Ashwagandha has anti-anxiety and anti-depression effects.